Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Smart Savings: Introduction

Before I begin let me make a plug for my wife's blog over at Join Jen's Journey.  Click that link to follow her on her 60 day challenge to be healthier and feel better.  She claims I inspired her but she inspires me every day to be the best husband and father I can be!


Now that my vague form of advertising is over, let me begin.


     Saving money.  It's one of those weird things in life that everyone knows about, and everyone even knows it's a really good thing to do, but just about no one does it.  It's just like exercise, eating right, reading your Bible, prayer, and giving to charity.  They are all fantastic things that everyone knows are great for you and yet...people tend to forget about them.  I'm not going to speak to the other topics there in this post (though I did do a post on giving not long ago) but I am going to talk a little bit about savings.
     I'm going to do a series on savings this next couple weeks and really drive home some points, but not in a "I told you so" kinda way.  I'll be doing this in a way that says "I'm doing this, and this is my result.  If you do this, this will be your result," kinda way.  In short, My wife and I have done the things we're teaching.  And, shockingly, it works and has a tremendous positive effect on our life.  So that's what we're going to continue teaching.
     Overall, saving money (and I mean putting money aside every month for future use) is a great way to better yourself financially and should be on everyone's list of priorities.

Proverbs 21:20
     "There are stores of precious treasures and oils in the house of the wise, but a fool consumes all he has."

     Biblically is it wise to store up things you need for use later on.  Join me over the next couple weeks as we break this down in detail and see what God and some Common Cents have to say about savings money.

Until then,

-Heath

PS:  People are still entering to win Jon Acuff's book Quitter.  Share my blog on facebook or twitter and email me at commoncentsnn@gmail.com to enter!  Drawing will be August 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment